If you or anyone around you begins to experience any of the following symptoms:
Seek immediate medical attention and call 911!
You may be having a heart attack or stroke.
Heart Attack Symptoms
- Burning, heaviness, pressure, tightness or squeezing sensation in the chest.
- Discomfort in the jaw, shoulder, back, between the shoulder blades or down the arm.
- Shortness of breath.
- Fatigue, lightheaded, weakness.
- Nausea, indigestion or fatigue.
Stroke Warning Symptoms (FAST)
- Face Drooping: Does one side of the face droop or is it numb? Ask the person to smile. Is the smile uneven?
- Arm Weakness: Is one arm weak or numb? Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- Speech Difficulty: Is speech slurred? Is the person unable to speak or hard to understand? Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence like, "The sky is blue." Is the sentence repeated correctly?
- Time To Call 911: If someone shows any of these symptoms, even if the symptoms go away, call 911 and get the person to the hospital immediately! Check the time so you'll know when the first symptoms appeared.